PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
January 10, 2022
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print & Packaging Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full-service printing company with NEW state-of-the-art production equipment, and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile” ……always.
The Pre-Press operator will report to the Prepress Manager and will primarily be responsible for prepping files for printing. The Prepress Operator will be a dedicated team player who is able to work independently and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. They will also have the knowledge and skills required for Prepress Operations for offset and digital print and the ability to handle numerous and varied tasks simultaneously. The Prepress Operator will be detailed oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Prepare files for litho printing as well as digital services
• Plan job layouts taking into consideration press requirements, bindery requirements, outsourcing, etc.
• Prepare files for a variety of in-house and outsourced finishing methods
• Alter client provided artwork if needed
• Make sure that jobs leave the prepress department with the appropriate proofing materials (proof mockups, lasers, and epsons, send final files for CTP output)
• Monitor product quality by checking work against layouts, proofs, and docket information
• Help in platemaking when required
• Interpret docket information, instructions, layouts, imposition, etc.
• Adhere to production schedules
• Organize, plan, and prioritize work
• Perform basic day to day maintenance and cleanliness of all machines (replace toners and paper for proofers and printers)
• Maintain daily housekeeping functions
• Maintains a safe work environment
Qualifications and Requirements:
• College diploma in related field from a recognized institution is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Prepress operations for offset and digital print
• Knowledge of Heidelberg Printready system would be an asset
• Computer literate with Mac OSX, Windows platforms, and Microsoft Excel
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Experience with imposition & Fiery software, plus quality control practices and procedures
• Must have knowledge of printing process, colour spaces, working styles, hard & soft proofing, etc.
• Experience with Adobe PDF workflows: preflighting, imposition and output
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet urgent deadlines
• Work well under pressure in a fast- paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
• Knowledge of XMPie variable data software preferred
• Knowledge of Canada Post and USPS postal requirements preferred
• Lift and carry items up to 40 pounds, bending and continuous computer input
If you are interested in applying to this position, please forward your resume to HR@pbiinc.ca.
At PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc., we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)