Apex Graphics is a leading Canadian supplier of quality assured, precision-folded package inserts and outserts for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food processing industries. Apex is dedicated to our people. The people we hire are the cornerstones of our success. Their ideas, commitment and connection to our customers are truly the essential elements in how we succeed.
Located in Mississauga, we are currently looking for Full Time Heidelberg Sheetfed Press Feeder. Forty (40) hours guaranteed, complete with overtime opportunities, vacation pay, and company paid benefits. Come for the opportunity but stay for a career!
Who are you?
The right candidates are detail oriented and quality conscious and will be working on our day shift Monday to Thursday (5am – 3pm), and will be expected to conduct the following:
• Complete required press set up, including feeder head and controls, maintain side guide, pile height accuracy, etc
• Install plates and blankets on press.
• Perform quality checks on printed sheet for imperfections
• Review job docket and run sheet, complete all required documentation (maintenance log and skid tag info), accurately return all unused paper inventory
• Have next job ready to go before current job is done
• Wrap and weigh final product
• Ensure press supplies are maintained and press area is kept clean
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will have the following skills & attributes:
• Two (2) – three (3) years of print/press machine relevant experience
• Ability to both set up and run all jobs assigned
• Sharp attention to detail coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude
• Work effectively within a team environment and able to work independently when required
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible as needs arise
• Strong command of both written and verbal English language
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.
Apex Graphics is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources.