PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc
December 30, 2021
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print & Packaging Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full-service printing company with NEW state-of-the-art production equipment, and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile” ……always.
The Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates relating to printing, packaging, binding, mailing and fulfillment. Calculating price based on labour, material and outside services as well as the time needed to complete all required operations. Coordinate activities with sales, production and management, as necessary, to optimize all aspects of pricing and producing an estimate. Competency in math, problem-solving and computer skills is required.
• Receives requests for print estimates directly from salespersons, CSR’s or customers
• Reviews specifications of the job for completeness and accuracy and prioritizes the processing of estimates
• Provides salesperson with feedback on accuracy and completeness of information requesting additional detail, when necessary
• Follows established procedures to prepare accurate and timely quotations that address various options including quantities, stock or production methods
• Assesses specifications, sketches, and sample layouts to formulate a costing strategy
• Considers size and number of sheets, number plates, paper stock, binding, kitting and fulfillment, colours and coatings, press selection, etc. in determining the best method for layout and imposition
• Communicated with Outsourcing Coordinator to secure pricing for outside vendor services
• Builds and applies pricing templates to promote efficient processing of quotes
• Identifies creative solutions or alternative methods for producing the job that increases profitability, improves efficiency or results in competitive pricing
• Prepares, saves and generates estimates in the PACE Estimating Software
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Cooperate with other departments and the management team to analyze actual job production performance vs. estimated times to evaluate and correct any discrepancies
• Implements lean manufacturing practices and participates in team meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
• College or university degree in a related field is desirable
• A wide range of knowledge of general commercial printing and packaging is required
• A strong background in print production with a thorough understanding of printing processes and terminology
• Knowledge of computer estimating program EFI PACE is an asset, but not required
• Minimum one year with estimating experience is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of printing specifications, estimating standards, paper and ink estimating, delivery costs, calculating of degrees of difficulty, job layout and bindery considerations
• A comprehensive understanding of pricing strategies and competitive pricing models is an asset
• Demonstrated excellence in organization, attention to detail, and timeliness
• Excellent analytical, math and strategic planning skills
• Strong decision-making ability is required
• Meticulous, able to take initiative and responsibility, meet critical deadlines, and multi-task
• Willing to work in and support a team, while maintaining an individual perspective
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Comfortable in a dynamic, deadline driven industry
Please forward your resume to HR@pbiinc.ca if you are interested in applying to this position.
At PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc., we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.