Director, Innovation and Product Development
Pollard Banknote Limited
December 24, 2021
We are looking for a committed and driven individual that will be responsible to enhance our culture of innovation by encouraging participation and collaboration with other departments in the innovation process. This role will be responsible to develop the strategic plans for the Company’s print and non-print offerings as well as the products and services that support these strategic plans.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Operations, this role will collaborate with the Company’s subsidiaries and will be responsible for: developing a number of new print and non-print innovations such as retail innovation, digital enhancements to print products, achieving annual revenue targets from new products and services and ensuring that the Company’s reputation as an innovation leader in the lottery industry is strengthened.
What You'll Do
• Facilitate a process for innovation and product development; while encouraging involvement in innovation from other departments/individuals across the business.
• Sell new product concepts internally to obtain resources for development, participate in prototyping/proof of concept development and gather relevant information for make-versus-buy decisions for new products.
• Supervise a small team of direct reports and provide leadership to various project teams with a wide range of participants.
• Commercialize new products and services by developing pricing recommendations, provide content for marketing materials, proposals and other support as required for the sales teams.
• Identify market opportunities and understand needs of lottery, retailer and consumer customers and develop ideas for new products and services.
• Share information with manufacturing and sales functions to stay abreast of new developments internally and externally.
• Share information with internal stakeholders and departments and build support for new products and services to operational groups for ongoing sales and deliveries.
• Contribute content for exhibiting and presenting new innovations, present to customers and various internal audiences.
• Identify and create opportunities for patent protection and work with patent agent and others to pursue patent protection, while also understanding our competitors’ innovations.
Who You Are
• An empowering leader with the ability to assess options, set priorities, build a business case and ROI and get buy-in along with resources required to take concepts to products.
• Analytically inclined, who applies strong attention to detail and works for accuracy.
• Good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with teams, senior management, and internal groups.
• Organized, self-motivated individual who can supervise daily operational work and timelines and deliver projects according to corporate requirements.
• Curious and creative, interested in learning and feedback from industry resources and colleagues.
• A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively.
What You'll Need
• Bachelor or master's degree
• 10+ years of management experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing, marketing, product development and/or innovation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communication, including presentation skills and project management.
• Ability to gather project requirements from a diverse set of departments to develop programs that meet the business's needs, handle multiple priorities, and adapt to changing priorities with agility.
• Knowledge of lottery industry an asset.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to: email@example.com
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)