September 23, 2021
We are looking for an Estimator to join our Estimating team. You will be responsible for providing accurate cost estimates for the most practical and cost-effective method of producing a customer order.
• Receive Request for Quotation and return complete estimated cost calculation as required or as soon as possible.
• Directly advise sales staff or clients as to most efficient production method.
• Maintain contact with outside suppliers concerning capabilities, service or product pricing and availability.
• Plans work giving due consideration to cost, quality, schedules, and production capabilities.
• Review estimates for details, accuracy, and completeness.
• Maintain current knowledge of paper stock sources, pricing and product availability
• Revises estimates and prices ‘Change Order’ forms as required.
• Maintain close contact with Production staff to resolve production issues and review options, when project costs appear to change.
• Operates estimating and related modules in computerized management information system.
• Source new products and print supplies, negotiate prices, secure vendors/suppliers and authorize purchase of materials and supplies.
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Graphic Communication Management or a related field
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in the Printing industry
• Knowledge of print production process, terminology, and requirements for film, layouts, print materials and specifications
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Ability to perform calculations with a high degree of accuracy
• Proficiency in Estimating Software and Microsoft Excel
• Strong organization skills and ability to effectively prioritize work
Please submit resume to Andrea Street at firstname.lastname@example.org
DCM is committed to employment equity and invites resumes from all qualified applicants. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)