Folder / Gluer Operator
PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc
May 27, 2021
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print & Packaging Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full-service printing company with state-of-the-art production equipment and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile” ……always.
We are seeking a full-time experienced Folder/Gluer Operator with a drive for excellence in quality and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Folder Gluer Operator is responsible for all activities associated with the MK Diana including setup, operation, inspection, cleanup and recommending improvements to operations. This individual must have above average mechanical and mathematical abilities to troubleshoot jobs and resolve equipment/print related issues.
If you would like the opportunity to join the PBI Team as a Folder/Gluer Operator, please forward your resume to HR@pbiinc.ca.
• Prepare make-ready, feeder, pre-fold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker and pack station
• Set up and operate folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
• Ensure maximum efficiency and perform periodic quality inspections while in operation and in accordance with customer specifications and quality standards
• Periodically perform visual inspections along the machine while running and make any necessary alterations as needed
• Responsible for maintaining machinery at optimum speed. When malfunctions occur, operator is to be able to detect cause and make appropriate adjustments as quickly as possible
• Record production and operational data on PACE software
• Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
• Perform troubleshooting and regular maintenance, as required
• Maintain the machine and area for cleanliness and organization
• Act as a technical resource to assist in new product development using the in-depth knowledge and expertise of machine capabilities
• Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department. Follow established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
• This position also offers and requires the ability to work overtime when needed on short notice
• Maintain a safe work environment
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Three to five years related folder/gluer experience
• Good working knowledge of the Bindery Department and its role within the company
• Ability to set up and operator bindery equipment independently
• Excellent mechanical problem-solving ability
• Ability to apply various mathematical concepts; calculate figures and amounts, such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Preferred lift and pallet truck certifications
• Must wear safety boots/shoes
• Lift, carry, push and pull items up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, and attention to detail
• Standing, walking and bending for prolonged period of time for up to 8 hours or more a day
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud
At PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc., we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)