Folding Machine Operator
April 07, 2021
Apex Graphics is a leading Canadian supplier of quality assured, precision-folded package inserts and outserts for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food processing industries. Apex is dedicated to our people. The people we hire are the cornerstones of our success. Their ideas, commitment and connection to our customers are truly the essential elements in how we succeed.
Located in Mississauga, Apex Graphics is currently looking for Full Time Folding Machine Operator for our afternoon shift.
Who are you?
The right candidates are quality conscious and detail oriented and will be working on the afternoon shift (3:30pm - 1:30pm) and will be expected to conduct the following:
• Review dockets, fully understand job specifications and complete all required paperwork including label requests, logbooks, skid tickets, etc.
• Complete appropriate machine set up for parallel folds and/or right-angle fold patterns including feed guides, side guide, feed wheels (as required), product back stop, knife roller pressure etc.
• Complete set-up for stacker and counter jobs, multiple up jobs and glue jobs
• Perform minor machine repairs and regular preventative maintenance, ensure work area is clean and safe
• Follow all Apex Graphics Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), ensure quality standards and production targets are met.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will have the following skills & attributes:
• Two (2) – three (3) years of bindery/print machine relevant experience; specifically with parallel, 8-page, 16-page and map folds, etc
• Experience in using glue system and water scores considered an asset
• Ability to both set up and run all jobs assigned
• Sharp attention to detail coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude
• Work effectively within a team environment and able to work independently when required
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible as needs arise.
• Strong command of both written and verbal English language
*We offer competitive wages (based on experience), benefits and a great working environment for the right candidates.*
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)