Folder Machine Operator
March 11, 2021
Our client is a leading Canadian supplier of quality assured, precision-folded package inserts and outserts for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food processing industries. They are located in Mississauga, ON. The right candidates are quality conscious and detail-oriented and will be working on either the morning shift (6:30 am - 3:30 pm) or afternoon shift (3:30 pm - 1:30 am).
● Review dockets, fully understand job specifications and complete all required paperwork, including label requests, logbooks, skid tickets, etc.
● Complete appropriate machine set up for parallel folds and/or right-angle fold patterns, including feed guides, side guide, feed wheels (as required), product backstop, knife roller pressure, etc.
● Complete set-up for stacker and counter jobs, multiple up jobs, and glue jobs.
● Perform minor machine repairs and regular preventative maintenance, ensure the work area is clean and safe.
● Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), ensure quality standards and production targets are met.
● Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● Two (2) – three (3) years of bindery/print machine relevant experience, specifically with parallel, 8-page, 16-page, and map folds, etc.
● Experience in using glue system and water scores considered an asset
● Ability to both setup and run all jobs assigned
● Sharp attention to detail coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude
● Work effectively within a team environment and able to work independently when required
● Ability to be adaptable and flexible as needs arise.
● Strong command of both written and verbal English language.
Education, Training, and Experience:
● High school graduate
* To be considered for this role candidates must be currently in printing industry with a minimum of two (2) – three (3) years of bindery/print machine relevant experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour (based on experience and qualifications)
Our company website: www.printlink.com
For immediate consideration, contact Arnie Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Ref #BH139.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)