Pressmen & Feeders (Sheetfed Litho) Needed
Mi5 Print & Digital
February 19, 2021
Mi5 Print & Digital is looking for energetic and passionate problem-solvers to join our growing team.
Mi5 is Canada’s most innovative, efficient, and professional supplier of quality commercial offset printing and digital printing, wide format printing, print bindery, print finishing and fulfillment services. We work with top national brands and companies big and small in the printing, production and management of award-winning marketing materials and corporate collateral. Our clients value our service intelligence approach and the speed and expertise required to deliver.
Our team of > 150 prints a diverse suite of products including business cards, brochures, magazines, annual reports, presentation folders, retail signage, banners, posters, window wraps, and corrugate POP and POS displays.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Mi5 is seeking qualified candidates with 3 or more years of work experience in Sheetfed Litho printing to complement our Sheetfed Division and to become part of our growing team. We are looking for both Lead Pressmen and Feeders.
- Responsibilities will include:
• Start the press, balance and maintain colour, lead or assist with required Press adjustments throughout print production to achieve high quality results;
• Ensure press is running at expected production rates;
• Perform regular maintenance as required on the Press to keep it in good running order;
•Complete all required documentation for each project (e.g. time spent, stock used, etc.)
• Manage and train team members to build team capacity;
• Contribute to production planning process.
- These are full-time, permanent roles involving scheduled shifts - overtime and unscheduled work is periodically required to meet project and client demands.
- We are looking for candidates that can work in an exciting, fast-paced environment and that will be a good fit with our client-focused entrepreneurial culture.
- The ideal candidates will be high-energy, hard-working and fast-learning with a willingness to dig into problems and find solutions.
- Our shop has multiple Heidelberg 40" sheetfed presses (incl. 6, 8 and 10 colours). Experience working with similar presses is a must.
- Must have a thorough understanding of print terminology, colour theory, colour density and ink trapping.
- Experience with Avanti Slingshot, or similar production management tool is an asset.
- Must be well organized, mechanically inclined, with good communication skills, and neat housekeeping habits.
- It is vital that candidates are team players, with a positive can-do attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to meet the needs of our clients.The ideal candidate will be high-energy, fast-learning and detail-oriented with a positive attitude and a willingness to dig into problems and find solutions
WHY CHOOSE Mi5?
Mi5 offers a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to grow your skills and career. If you think you are a good fit with Mi5, we look forward to meeting you soon!
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com