Prepress Operator Needed
Mi5 Print & Digital
February 19, 2021
Mi5 Print & Digital is looking for energetic and passionate problem-solvers to join our growing team.
Mi5 is Canada’s most innovative, efficient, and professional supplier of quality commercial offset printing and digital printing, wide format printing, print bindery, print finishing and fulfillment services. We work with top national brands and companies big and small in the printing, production and management of award-winning marketing materials and corporate collateral. Our clients value our service intelligence approach and the speed and expertise required to deliver.
Our team of > 150 prints a diverse suite of products including business cards, brochures, magazines, annual reports, presentation folders, retail signage, banners, posters, window wraps, and corrugate POP and POS displays.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- At Mi5, Prepress Operators play a vital role for customers and Mi5 to ensure that print projects are delivered to specification and on time
- Prepress operators communicate regularly with CSR’s/Sales to answer questions and provide solutions with all aspects of the Prepress role
- As part of the role Prepress Operators will be responsible for:
• Work with CSR’s – to ensure that all projects are streamlined into production
• Small Format Division – to ensure all files are accurate based on docket expectations
• Large Format Division – to ensure all files are accurate based on docket expectations
• Litho Division – to ensure all files are accurate based on docket expectations
• Checking over Proofs for Color and imposition accuracy before releasing to CSR’s
- Interactions with customers and colleagues require Prepress Operators to be able to communicate effectively in-person, by phone and by e-mail
- This is a full-time, permanent role – while normal business hours generally apply (i.e. 830am to 500pm), overtime, shift changes, Weekend shifts and working within the Large Format, Small Format Divisions are periodically required to meet project and client demands
- The ideal candidate will be high-energy, fast-learning and detail-oriented with a positive attitude and a willingness to dig into problems and find solutions
- A diploma and/or experience in printing environment is a strong asset
- Strong working knowledge of all printing production processes
- Thorough understanding of litho production and file preparation
- Expert skills in Fuji XMF and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong knowledge of typesetting/color theory and the ability to edit art files
- Proofing knowledge of Epson and Inkjet digital printers
- A positive attitude and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organized, creative, logical thinker and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to find creative solutions for complex layouts while adhering to client style guides
- Experience with both Macintosh and PC (Windows) computer platforms and all relevant design software
- Thorough understanding of PDF workflow
- Experience operating CTP output devices
- Familiarity with Avanti Slingshot and XMPIE is an asset
WHY CHOOSE Mi5?
Mi5 offers a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to grow your skills and career. If you think you are a good fit with Mi5, we look forward to meeting you soon!
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)