Experienced Stitcher Operator
PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
October 14, 2020
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print & Packaging Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a top tier full-service printing company with state-of-the-art production equipment and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile” ……always.
We are seeking a full-time experienced Stitcher Operator with a drive for excellence in quality and has the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment. The Stitcher Operator is responsible for the make-ready, running and teardown of a Heidelberg ST100 Stitcher machine. This individual requires the ability to perform basic math functions in relation to finishing operations and is experienced with troubleshooting and resolving equipment/print related issues.
If you would like the opportunity to join the PBI Team, please forward your CV to, firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Interprets job docket information, including instructions, planning specifications, layouts, proofs, etc.
• Reads and understands job docket instructions in order to set up and operate the stitcher to achieve maximum quality throughout the job process
• If stitching problems are encountered, troubleshoots and perform adjustments as needed to resolve processing the order to the highest standard
• Organizes, plan and prioritize work and adhere to production schedules
• Assure all work entered into production follows “Journey of the Docket” procedure and standards.
• Achieves competency and meets standards with regards to make ready and run times as established by the company standards
• Input and track job docket progression on company software (PACE) on computer
• Enters all required processing information into the company software tracking system- PACE.
• Perform quality control checks continually throughout processing of products
• Check work against layouts, proofs, and docket information
• Ensures the stitching equipment is well maintained and operating within required standards in terms of process controls, planned maintenance schedules, make ready and running standards
• Performs preventative maintenance duties on stitcher as necessary
• Perform safety inspections on equipment
• Recommends equipment repairs and the ordering of parts and supplies as needed
• Inform the Bindery Lead of equipment and production problems to ensure they are rectified in a timely manner
• This position also offers and requires the ability to work overtime when needed on short notice
• Maintain a safe work environment
• Experience stitcher machine operation preferred
• Good working knowledge of the Bindery Department and its role within the company
• Ability to set up and operator bindery equipment independently
• Excellent mechanical problem-solving ability
• Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Preferred lift and pallet truck certifications
• Must wear safety boots/shoes
• Lifting and carrying items up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, and attention to detail.
• Standing and walking for prolonged period of time for up to 8 hours or more a day.
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)