March 04, 2020
Who Are We?
Apex Graphics is a leading Canadian supplier of quality assured, precision-folded package inserts and outserts for the pharmaceutical cosmetic and food processing industries.
Apex is dedicated to our people. The people we hire are the cornerstones of our success. Their ideas, commitment and connection to our customers are truly the essential elements in how we succeed.
We look for people that are adaptable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, passionate, creative and team-oriented.
What’s The Role?
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario and reporting to the Chief Operation Officer, we are currently looking for a Prepress Operator to join our team.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for supporting the entirety of the prepress department including but not limited to the equipment and workflows as jobs move from early formatting and design stages through to final approval.
What Will You Do?
- Work with various department managers to coordinate prepress schedules and workflow
- Manage Prepress inventories, equipment, and software and computer systems.
- Manage and maintain relationships with outside vendors
- Review artwork files supplied by internal and external clients to ascertain their suitability
- Prepare prepress files for both internal and external clients and make changes and corrections to these files as requested
- Output proofs and plates using appropriate output devices
- Operate comparison system to ensure highly accurate files
- Adhere to quality control procedures
- Handle multiple jobs in various production stages.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
What Is Your Experience?
- 5+ years’ experience in a prepress role
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical or Financial clients, an asset
- High attention to detail, process oriented
- Proven ability to think independently, problem solve, and be solutions focused
- Strong knowledge of prepress processes, offset print, bindery, cartons, variable print
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, great sense of humour
Software Knowledge Requirements
- Adobe Creative Cloud Software Suite – Including InDesign, Photoshop, - Acrobat
- Preps 8
- Font Management Software
- Xante Symphony
- Heidelberg Trapping
- Creo Trendsetter
Please submit your resume application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.
We are equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please include accommodation requests within the application.
Powered By North Island Media Inc. (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)