Client Services Specialist
Data Communications Management
February 12, 2020
Client Services Specialist - Ambassador location
2 contract positions (18 months contract)
DATA Communications Management Corp. (TSX:DCM) ("DCM") is the third-largest service provider and manufacturer of marketing and business communications solutions in Canada. With its best-in-class marketing and print services capabilities, IT services customers, including reputable blue-chip companies, in a variety of sectors including: financial institutions, retail, lottery and gaming, healthcare, energy, government, not-for-profits, among others. DCM operates from its six “centers of excellence”, in addition to fourteen other complementary facilities, across North America.
The Company has recently made several accretive acquisitions, introduced new leadership, deleveraged its balance sheet, rationalized its geographical footprint, expanded its service and product offerings, and is currently implementing a new ERP system company-wide. Lots of exciting initiatives underway!
DCM has approximately 1,400 employees in Canada and the United States and is headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, just outside of Toronto. DCM is committed to making its business more agile, focused, optimized and unified.
We are currently looking for Client Services Specialists to join our Customer Experience team. You will deliver highly effective direct marketing campaigns on time for domestic markets. You should have a strong understanding of offset and digital print specifications, experience with colour management and working with different substrates. A direct marketing background with understanding of data manipulation and logic programming for variable print, as well as some knowledge of Canada Post regulations is required.
As the primary account contact, you will be liaising with clients, agencies and internal departments from start to finish on all projects. From assisting with creative development to complete work back schedules and following up with job analyses after completion as needed. You will review all instructions, QC all letter copy and print proofs, review audits and coordinate data file transfers. You will also be required to establish and maintain quality control standards and check points to ensure work is completed according to standards and customer specifications.
Several years’ experience prepares you for this challenge, as well as effective interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to succeed. You have a sense of humor, an eye for detail, the ability to remain calm amid chaos and a passion for delivering great work and meaningful results.
The successful candidate will have…
•Business and/or technical education or background related to print production and direct marketing
• Several years’ experience in marketing production/account management, fulfillment and Offset and Digital print
• Able to multi-task, capable of managing many projects and priorities simultaneously with consistency
• A broad understanding of print industry practices, including print and direct mail buying, offset printing, digital printing, pre-press and on-press quality control, letter shop and mailing
• A good understanding of CPC regulations and mailing guidelines, knowledge of USPS regulations an asset
• Hands-on, do-it-now approach, the ability to apply specific industry and technical knowledge to all areas of promotion, mail planning and execution as well as coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
• A champion of "process", strong data reporting and problem-solving skills, clear and direct communication both oral and written, proven negotiator with impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail, the ability to make sense of the abstract, and to raise the bar to set new standards
• Proficient PC platform computer skills with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
• The ability to enable cooperation with all levels of internal and external contacts, strong sense of urgency and the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving competencies with strong initiative, sound judgment, and decisiveness
• Dynamic, self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and proactively.
• Capable of further growth and progression
• Digital marketing experience is a requirement
• Management of online portal for digital marketing products would be an asset
DCM is committed to employment equity and invites resumes from all qualified applicants. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation.
DCM would like to thank all applicants, however only those candidates qualified will be contacted.
To apply please contact:
People Experience Business Partner