Large format finishing/Lamination specialist
Gateway Visual Communications Ltd
November 19, 2019
Due to the recent retirement of one of our long-term members, we have an immediate position available in our large format department as a finishing specialist. This is a hands-on position for a candidate that works well under tight deadlines with an eye on quality and productivity.
• Operation of various lamination equipment utilizing heat-set and pressure-sensitive lamination films.
• Mounting of prints to various substrates and application of one and two sided lamination films
• Accurately measure, trim, finish and package print and signage orders.
• Identify, handle and inventory different films and substrates.
• Conceptualize, plan and assemble standard and custom display units from components
• Ability to lift up to 50lb’s and to handle oversized materials with confidence.
• Assistance with other bindery, production and distribution tasks within the firm.
• Previous experience with lamination, bindery, sign-making and installation processes is a definite asset, but is not essential.
• Hands-on training assistance will be offered to the chosen candidate
• You should be handy with tools, measurements and fabrication techniques
• Previous experience in the trades or skilled manufacturing is a definite asset
Gateway Visual Communications has been a fixture in the Region of Peel graphics industry since 1975. We are a second generation , family owned and operated firm with a focus on customer service excellence and a broad range of services offered to a varied client base. Being a smaller firm, we have a greater variety of daily tasks for each of our team members which creates a more interesting and challenging work environment than traditional silo thinking firms.
What we offer:
• 40hour work-week with weekday hours from 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
• Remuneration of $17.00 to $21.00 per hour depending upon experience
• Full benefits package and group RRSP plan offered after 3 months
• Work with the security of a long-term industry player with a family atmosphere and flexible, understanding management.
Contact Brian McConnell at
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)