Packaging Proofreader (QC)
October 23, 2019
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Are you a collaborative team-player who considers trust and respect important in building real partnerships? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Premedia team. Our Premedia team is the largest division of its kind in Canada. With over 500 talented employees in our group, we are proud to provide our national retail and CPG customers with key services ranging from creative, photo/video, language services, production, packaging and technology solutions. You will join this very passionate and dynamic team, in an exciting environment that is second to none!
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Packaging Pre-Press Supervisor, this position is responsible for proofreading and quality control of packaging files, validating accuracy, consistency, and technical file specifications. This role will validate both artwork files and, with some training, separated print-ready files. This position is expected to ensure work is completed in a timely manner, and adheres to the highest level of company standards.
The hours of work for this position will be Monday to Friday, 3pm-11pm.
What you will do:
- Outline and maintain various quality control checks and balances for packaging design and prepress files;
- Work within the existing quality control process, using technology to report on results and to track the flow of work;
- Review and proofread files for spelling, punctuation, format, style, syntax, spacing and font accuracy;
- Evaluate files for quality, content and technical accuracy; checking against the work instructions, reference proofs and quality control checklists;
- Ensure all rounds of revisions are completed error free and to client and printer specifications
- Support packaging operators and production with “Final Eye” verification of files;
- Contribute to continuous improvement, making recommendations for quality and efficiency where opportunity is seen;
- Advise supervisor and coordinators of any potential delays due to discovery of errors;
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field (Copywriting, Proofreading/English, Packaging Production);
- Minimum two (2) years in a related environment;
- An understanding and working knowledge of printing processes (Flexo, Gravure & Litho printing);
- Fast learner, innovative thinker along with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
What we have to offer:
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Visit our website at www.tc.tc/career
Or send your resume to Lynda Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about us