Digital Operator (Indigo 10,000)
3480 Pharmacy Ave
February 08, 2018
This position is ideal for someone with specific experience working on industrial size digital presses. The Digital Operator needs to have a technical mindset, with a strong ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2 – 3 years of experience on a High Quantity Digital presses (HP Indigo press 7,000 and up, Xerox IGEN, Canon Smart stream, Xeikon and/or sheet-fed offset)
• Secondary/High School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
• College diploma or degree considered an asset
• Highly skilled in ensuring high quality
• Excellent ability to follow processes and solve problems
• Troubleshooting experience and strong mechanical aptitude
• Commitment to work all shifts (days, afternoons, nights) and continental shifts (12 hour rotating shifts: 7AM-7PM., 7PM-7AM)
• Level 1 & 2 HP Indigo Certification is an asset
• Responsible for the operation of digital format printers and associated finishing equipment
• Responsible for making plates for all offset presses on an as needed basis
• At times, may be responsible for making plates while monitoring a job running on a digital press
• Read, understand and follow work orders
• Set-up jobs according to paper type
• Review files thoroughly before setting up job
• Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by verifying the safety of machines and equipment and enforcing strict compliance of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title.
Only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Webcom encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, should you require accommodation in the interview and selection process please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation. Check us out at www.webcomlink.com/careers!
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)