November 07, 2018
Canada's largest provider of stock and custom manufactured envelopes, Supremex, is currently seeking a Production Scheduler to join our Production Planning team.
As a team player in a fast paced environment, candidates must be decisive, have proven problem-solving abilities, strong Microsoft Excel skills, and be flexible to accommodate multiple changes in client needs. The ability to multi-task, follow-up, and meet tight timelines is very important in our customer service focused culture.
This position will be responsible to meet Sales & Customer requirements through planning, scheduling, and the efficient utilization of equipment, material and manpower; monitoring material inventories; tracking production progress; and estimating completion dates.
The successful candidate will:
• Review special orders and schedules as per customer forecast and demand schedules
• Assign the type and quantity of materials required
• Issue and maintain requisitions and purchase orders
• Prepare and maintain daily machine production schedules to distribute to internal departments
• Monitor, prepare and maintain progress reports
• Maintain raw material supplies for specific orders
• Oversees the overall movement of raw materials to and from two plants
• Coordinate and expedite flow of orders & materials
• Ensure that committed deliveries are expedited daily and that the appropriate departments are kept informed of updates
• Respond effectively to changes on orders ASAP to avoid delays or possible errors
• Maintain excellent communications with suppliers and the sales department
• Assist and support other production planning roles within the department
Education/work experience requirements
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in printing, packaging, or paper converting manufacturing environment
• Previous background in scheduling, forecasting, planning or other related experience
• College equivalent or higher
• Understanding of flexographic printing processes an asset
• Intermediate computer skills in MSOffice required and Microsoft AX Dynamics experience an asset
• Must be exceptionally organized, detail oriented & accurate
• Excellent interpersonal & business communication skills
• Exceptionally good at retaining details and various pieces of information
• Ability to work independently to multi-task and be responsive in a fast paced environment
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, high energy, team player focused on the company values and goals of the organization
Supremex Inc. is Canada's largest manufacturer and marketing of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes and growing provider of packaging and other specialty products. We are the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across 7 provinces, 3 locations in the United States and employs close to 850 employees.
Supremex is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, excellent group benefits, Company pension plan, Employee Profit Sharing Program, ongoing training and an interesting and challenging work environment. We will provide the tools and training that you require to excel at your role together with access to the Operations and Sales team to provide additional support and guidance.
Please visit our web site at www.supremex.com for additional information and to determine if we are the right fit for your career.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
Powered By North Island Publishing (The number one connection to the Canadian printing industry)